- Served as chair of board for multi-door retail company; as such, coordinated financial review and strategic guidance; evaluated and assisted the CEO; provided advice on strategic acquisitions; helped set yearly budget and held company accountable to budget.
- Provided marketing and talent services for a regional group of retail stores that included photo shoot production, video production, team building and talent acquisition, digital marketing strategy, content creation and marketing, social media marketing, e-commerce and social media sales assistance, operation of Facebook Business Manager (including shop-able posts), branding guidelines suggestions, print media buys, ad design, SEO optimization across platforms and media, analytics and reporting.
- Served as lead investor director representative for K12 Software company. In such capacity, advised management and CEO on strategy, financing, operations and marketing, and provided transactional assistance and third-party support where appropriate within the confines of board membership role.
- Provided services for an early-stage educational software company including improved website design and user experience, content marketing strategy, content creation, social media content and promotion, Google ads strategy and implementation, SEO optimization across platforms and media, analytics and reporting.
- Opened start-up food concept and provided brand materials and branding guide, packaging design and ordering, menu creation and recipe development, talent acquisition, operational oversight throughout build-out, content marketing strategy, content creation, social media strategy and posting, social media promotion, digital and print media buys, ad design, photography and video production, Google ads strategy and implementation, SEO optimization across platforms and media, analytics and reporting.
- Helped start-up biotech company develop financing plan; worked with company’s co-founders to develop financing plan and strategy based on development of science; helped develop and participated in initial seed stage funding in order to position company for additional capital.
- Provided services for a digital marketing real estate platform including re-design of logo for updated branding, improved website design and user experience, video production, content strategy, content creation, social media content production and promotion, Google ad strategy and implementation, SEO optimization across platforms and media, analytics and reporting.
- Helped recruit an international software company. Software company was a graduate of a well-known accelerator and chose Birmingham over much larger cities. First Avenue Ventures worked with company founder to help develop business, highlight resources of the city helpful toward that business, network with potential funding sources and ultimately played key role in bringing company to Birmingham with funding.